AeroShell™ - Sport Plus 4 Piston Engine Oil 1 Liter - 550041176
Genuine Aviation Oils
Description: Sport Plus 4 Piston Engine Oil 1 Liter
Part number: 550041176
Alternate part number: 08-07047, SP0RTLT
AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4 is the first oil specifically developed for light sport, very light and ultralight four-stroke engine aircraft. This oil is multigrade for use in any climate and combines synthetic and high-quality mineral oil with advanced additive technologies for excellent performance, wear and corrosion protection and cleanlines with leaded and unleaded fuels. AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4 is designed to cope with the high shear stresses associated with integrated gearboxes and overload clutches and has detergents that help to keep critical areas such as pistons and cylinders clean.
Do not use in engines that are designed to use ashless dispersant or ashless non-dispersant aviation piston engine oil. This includes air-cooled Teledyne Continental Motors, Textron Lycoming and Jabiru engines. Please consult operator's handbook or manual to confirm the correct lubricant specification before use.
AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4 Performance, Features & Benefits
- First specific oil for Light Sport and Very Light/Ultra-light aircraft engines.
- Promotes engine cleanliness.
- Helps keep engines sludge and varnish free.
- Helps reduce oil consumption.
- Helps engines reach TBO (Time Between Overhauls).
- Protects highly stressed engines parts against scuffing and wear.
- Anti-foaming additives to maximise lubrication effectiveness – especially for those engines operating an integrated gearbox.
- Better cold flow characteristics for easier starts and quicker protection.
- High thermal stability for longer-lasting and safer lubrication.
- Can be used in any climate.
- Advanced anti-rust and anti-wear package.
- AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4 is intended for use in four-stroke (four-cycle) aircraft piston engines that are of an original automotive design, and which cannot, therefore, use traditional Ashless Dispersant aircraft engine oil types. These engines include carbureted, fuel-injected and turbocharged types such as the ROTAX 912 & 914 series.
- AeroShell Sport + 4 may be used in integrated gearbox and wet clutch systems.
- AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4 can be used in engines which operate on both unleaded gasoline and Avgas 100LL. The correct choice of additives and good solvent properties allow the oil to handle lead by-products that can form a semi solid sludge in the oil which can restrict oil passages and compromise lubrication. AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4 is superior in this respect to those oil types intended for automotive/motorcycle application.
- Please refer to Operators Handbook/Manual for the correct oil drain interval when operating on different fuels.
Specifications, Approvals & Recommendations
- Approved to ROTAX specification RON 424
- Listed in Rotax Service Instruction SI-912i-01/SI-0912-016/SI-914-019 "Selection of Suitable Operating Fluids for Rotax Engine Type 912 and 914 (Series)" as an Aviation oil tested and released by BRP-Powertrain, for use with both leaded Avgas and unleaded fuel.
- Do not use AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4 in engines that are designed to use aviation piston engine oils approved under the SAE J-1899 or SAE J-1966 specifications. This includes air-cooled Continental Motors and Textron Lycoming engines.
*AirParts Offers Thousands of Top Aviation Oils, Parts, Services, and More. Best Prices from Hundreds of Parts Resellers. 24 Hour AOG Available
|Dimensions (W x H x D)
|4.666" x 2.625" x 9.25" Inches
|79 ATA OIL
|NE / NS
|Country of origin
|ECCN / USML
|FAA Approval Code
|Total Shelf Life (days)
|Units of Measure (UoM)
|NE - New